1 Laburnum Terrace, Bath BA1 7DY, UK
Claim this property to become verified owner or agent
Property type: ?
Year built: ?
Total Plot Size: ?
Total Inside Area: ?
Last Sold: NOV 2019
What can it be sold for now?
AI think: £362,650
Users think: N/A
Agents think: £350,000 1 agent(s) valuations found
HPI banks think: £333,221
Allen & Harris - Bath, Larkhall Agent Valuation of this property is £350,000
A remarkably appealing, classic late Georgian two bedroom cottage with private parking and south westerly aspect garden, discreetly situated in the heart of Batheaston, one of the favoured villages around the World Heritage City of Bath.
Listed Grade II, this classic period cottage has living space set over three floors under a cotswold stone and slate tiled mansard roof. It presents a compelling blend of contemporary design and retention of original character, and some of this will certainly catch the eye of the purist. A cast iron range and beautiful stone fireplace with wood burner being key features of the house. Equally fascinating is the fine detail in interior joinery being further examples of building heritage.
At ground floor level is a bright, open plan principal room with living, dining and kitchen areas. On the first floor, there is a double bedroom which could serve flexibly as an additional sitting room with work-from-home space, together with a spacious, modern bathroom. Another charming winding staircase then leads up to the top floor, where there is a large and highly impressive main bedroom. This has fixed access to a remakably spacious loft.
The desirability of this fine home is raised by there being a private drive and a pretty cottage garden and patio area, designed currently as a productive vegetable garden.
The property is situated nearby a regular bus route that reaches the centre of Bath in less than15 minutes. There is also a picturesque cycle route into the city centre along the canal towpath. Bath may also be reached by car via London Road or across the toll bridge, near which are riverside pub/restaurants. The M4 can be reached without crossing the City.
Pathway leads through front garden and terrace to front door.
Living/ Dining Room/ Kitchen 16' 3" Max x 15' 10" Max ( 4.95m Max x 4.83m Max )
Large sash window overlooking front garden, additional small side aspect window, feature stone fireplace with log burner, stairs to first floor with cupboard below housing plumbing and space for washing machine, two radiators.
Kitchen Area: Rear aspect window, range of soft close base cupboards, solid timber worksurfaces with matching upstands and shelving above with tiled backdrops, electric double oven/grill with four burner gas hob and extractor over, space for slimline dishwasher, inset 'belfast' style sink.
First Floor Landing
Front aspect sash window, stairs to top floor.
Bedroom/ Sitting Room 15' 9" Max x 9' 9" Max ( 4.80m Max x 2.97m Max )
Front aspect sash window, original cast iron range with stone slip set into chimney breast.
Bathroom 9' 6" x 6' 3" ( 2.90m x 1.91m )
Rear aspect screened glass window, bath with tiled surround, shower over and shower screen, wc, wash hand basin, radiator.
Master Bedroom 15' 11" Max x 12' 10" Average ( 4.85m Max x 3.91m Average )
Front aspect dormer window, deep recess for wardrobes, radiator, cast iron fireplace with stone surround. Fixed ladder to extremely spacious loft area for storage.
A charming cottage garden with attractive landscaping comprising patio area, well stocked flower, herb and vegetable planted beds and borders, timber garden store, gate from neighbours garden (right of way).
Gravel driveway with parking for one car.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.