15 Tenison Ave, Cambridge CB1 2DX, UK
Claim this property to become verified owner or agent
Property type: ?
Year built: ?
Total Plot Size: ?
Total Inside Area: ?
Last Sold: MAR 2008
What can it be sold for now?
AI think: £1,440,697
Users think: N/A
Agents think: £1,500,000 1 agent(s) valuations found
HPI banks think: £1,492,714
Savills - Cambridge Agent Valuation of this property is £1,500,000
Attractive three storey town house close to the station.
• Tenison Avenue is situated between Tenison and Lyndewode Roads, close to Cambridge railway station which has rail services to London from about 48 minutes.
• Excellent everyday shopping facilities are available near the railway station and along nearby Hills Road which has a post office and two mini supermarkets. Mill Road, a popular cosmopolitan district of Cambridge is also close by, well served in terms of independent shops and an abundance of international restaurants. Cambridge city centre has excellent further shopping including The Grand Arcade shopping mall and a busy daily market.
• There is a wide variety of recreational, sports and cultural amenities available in the city including Kelsey Kerridge Sports and Swimming Centre, Fenner's Cricket Ground along with a number of museums and the Cambridge Colleges, some 31 in all. 'Cambridge Leisure' is a large multi-screen cinema, bowling alley and restaurant complex situated just beyond the railway station some 700 metres distant which has a Sainsbury and Tesco supermarket along with 'The Junction', a popular live music and comedy venue.
• The nearby University Botanic Garden, which is open to the public, has an exceptional variety of specimen plants and trees, Victorian glasshouses and a popular café.
• Schools for all age groups are available in the city in both the state and independent sectors with Sancton Wood, St Alban's Primary, St Paul's Primary and The Stephen Perse all in the immediate vicinity.
(all distances are times are approximate).
15 Tenison Avenue is a semi-detached town house with wide double bay windows constructed around the turn of the 20th Century of brick elevations beneath a tiled roof.
The property which is laid out over three floors and measures approximately 2,162 square feet and can be seen in greater detail on the attached floorplan.
This attractive house is approached across a driveway with parking for one car leading to a panelled front door with stained glass fan light. The door opens into a vestibule with Victorian style tiles and beyond into the hallway which communicates with the principal rooms on the ground floor. On the left of the hall there are two good reception rooms both with working fireplaces. The first has a square bay, attractive cornices gas fireplace and shelving on either side of the chimney breast. Similarly the second has a working fireplace, storage and interconnecting glass doors to the kitchen breakfast room.
To the rear is a large kitchen breakfast room with access through French doors to the rear garden, which alongside three Velux windows in the vaulted ceiling and rear windows, affords this room plenty of natural light. The Shaker style kitchen has a wide range of floor and wall mounted units, fitted dishwasher, and Britannia range with five ring gas hob with polished granite worktops. There is a deep and very useful pantry cupboard with and space for an American style fridge freezer. A cloakroom with plumbing for a washing machine and tumble drier and a good size wine cellar complete the ground floor accommodation.
Upstairs on the first floor there are three well-proportioned bedrooms with the rear bedroom with access on to a small south facing terrace. There is modern family bathroom with white sanitaryware and a separate shower. A further bedroom currently used as a study has plumbing for a further bathroom if required.
On the second floor there are two further bedrooms along with a bathroom and separate small shower room.
The property which attracts a great deal of natural light retains many original features such as ceiling cornicing, panelled doors, stain glass windows, picture rails and some fireplaces.
The rear garden is fully enclosed, south facing and has a terrace which wraps around the house. The garden is laid mainly to lawn with a wooden shed to one side and has a number of mature shrubs and plants.
There is a residents' parking permit scheme in operation, annual permits are available from Cambridge City Council.
Square Footage: 2162 sq ft