WISTERIA COTTAGE BALMER LAWN ROAD, NEW FOREST SO42 7TS, UK
Claim this property to become verified owner or agent
Property type: ?
Year built: ?
Total Plot Size: ?
Total Inside Area: ?
Last Sold: MAY 2019
What can it be sold for now?
AI think: £867,221
Users think: N/A
Agents think: £795,000 1 agent(s) valuations found
HPI banks think: £726,038
Spencers of the New Forest - Brockenhurst Agent Valuation of this property is £795,000
A stunning three storey semi-detached Edwardian residence set in a prime Brockenhurst location, within about a hundred yards of the open forest. The property has been both enlarged and completely refurbished throughout and benefits from off road parking and a delightful south facing garden overlooking paddock land to the rear. Energy Performance Rating: C
The property is situated in a popular location on the north side of the New Forest village of Brockenhurst, within about a hundred yards of the open forest and easy reach of the centre of Brockenhurst (0.7 miles). The New Forest National Park offers many miles of unspoilt walking and riding and covers an area of approximately 92,000 acres.
Brockenhurst benefits from a mainline station with direct access to London/Waterloo and an extensive range of local shops, restaurants, a primary school and popular tertiary college, and the renowned Brokenhurst Golf Club. The Georgian market town of Lymington is approximately 5 miles south with its extensive yachting facilities and a Saturday market. To the north is the New Forest village of Lyndhurst and Junction 1 of the M27 motorway which links to the M3 for access to London.
This superb property offers beautifully appointed accommodation extending to approximately 1900 square feet, offering an elegant fusion of modern fittings and character features such as decorative arches, ornate cornicing and picture rails.
- Entrance Porch - Solid wooden entrance door with obscure glazed panels
- Entrance Hall - Decorative tiled and wooden flooring. Two built-in under stairs storage areas. Stairwell ascending to first floor
- Sitting Room - Period features including decorative coving, picture rail and wood burning stove with slate mantel and hearth. Double glazed Sash window to front aspect
- Dining Room - Period features including picture rail and cast iron fireplace with slate mantel and tiled hearth. Two double glazed Sash windows to side aspect
- Kitchen/Breakfast/Family Room - Stunning 'L' shaped room fitted with a range of Bespoke handmade wall and base units, engineered oak flooring with under floor heating and Seldown Oak Canbera Duo bi-fold doors opening onto the rear garden. Tiled fireplace with space for range cooker with extractor hood above. Space for American style fridge/freezer. TV, network and audio wiring
- Utility Area - Automatic electric roof light. Fitted with a range of wall mounted units and engineered oak flooring with under floor heating. Door opening to side aspect
- Shower Room - Modern suite comprising double shower cubicle with glass screen, wash basin and traditional WC and cistern. Automatic electric roof light. Engineered oak flooring with under floor heating
- Landing Area
- Master Bedroom - Two double glazed Sash windows to front aspect. Cast iron period fireplace and Sharps fitted wardrobes
- Bedroom Two - Double glazed Sash window to the rear offering elevated views across the garden and paddock land beyond. Built-in double cupboard and cast iron period fireplace
- Bedroom Three - Double glazed Sash window to the rear offering elevated views across the garden and paddock land beyond. Traditional cast iron fireplace and built-in double storage cupboard with cupboards over
- Family Bathroom - Comprising panelled bath with tiled surround, wash basin and WC. Double glazed Sash window to side aspect
- Bedroom Four - Double glazed dormer window to front aspect and large Velux window offering stunning elevated views across the rear garden and paddocks beyond. Built-in double wardrobe
- Bedroom Five/Study - Two Velux roof windows with integrated blinds. Fitted desk furniture and worktops. Eaves storage and loft access
grounds & gardens
The front aspect is defined by a pretty picket fence and brick side wall with double gates opening onto a shingle driveway providing off road parking. Set around the driveway are beds planted with mature shrubs.
To the side of the property is a mature wisteria covering the west facing elevation and from where the property name is derived. A pedestrian side gate then gives access to covered timber store with double doors to front, side aspect door and rear aspect window.
Adjoining and extending across the back of the property is a raised decked sun terrace with steps leading down into the garden.
The delightful rear garden enjoys a southerly aspect and mainly laid to lawn with mature shrubs and planting. The garden is flanked by timber fence borders, with post and rail fencing to the rear. The garden offers a superb outlook across paddock land to the rear.
Energy Performance Rating: C
All mains services connected